Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 29, 2017

What I am Grateful for this Month

Maybe this will be a regular post, but for now I want to reflect back on this month and mention what things I've had time to appreciate and be grateful for.




The relationship I have with my sister 
My sister and I have passed that stage where we fight everyday and annoy each other, thankfully. Since both turning 18, we've become so much closer, like best friends. She's been staying with me in Shanghai for the past week and we're flying back home together in July. We wouldn't have thes moments/experiences together if it wasn't for our tight relationship. We do occasionally have a little bicker to one another, but that will always happen with siblings. I don't know where I'd be without my sister's support this past year, and I couldn't be ending this year with a better person by my side.

Amount of love and support from my parents
It's not until you move out, spend time away, go on holiday without them and reunite with your parents when you realise how much love you have for each other and how lucky you are to have these incredible people beside you and supporting you in life. I am very close to my family so this year away has been very challenging but has made the relationship with my parents stronger. It has also made me realise that I can live without them but not without some sort of contact. If it wasn't for technology like FaceTime or Skype, I would really struggle. We really need to be grateful for what technology allows us to do these days and how it keeps us connected to loved ones far away. Only a few weeks left until I finally get to see them and be back home.

Having the opportunity living in Shanghai 
This year has abled me to grab opportunities I wouldn't have thought of before, given me experiences to see/do amazing places and things, meet some lovely people and make incredible friends for life. It has really topped my expectation I first had on the flight over here last August. I will miss living in this lively city, perhaps not the university dorms, but I cannot wait to return home and be reunited with my family and spend lots of time with them and my friends.

How lucky I am 
It's only now and then when I have a little think about how lucky I am to have the life I live everyday. I have my ups and downs and I'm slowly working towards improving them.

What are you grateful for lately?

Are you following me on Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' Pinterest ?

2 comments:

  1. Aw lovely post! Living in Shanghai sounds amazing - going to read through some of the rest of your blog now!

    Also I know what you mean, I have 2 sisters who I'm super close with and one of which I work with but it wasn't always that way I can tell you! Sounds like you and your sis will be having a blast!

    Kate x
    http://www.findingkate.co

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great minds think alike this week! I also wrote a post about all the things I'm grateful for.

    Having the chance to live abroad is such an amazing opportunity, and I'm glad you cherish it! I am also so grateful for my parents ❤️❤️

    xx
    Emily
    emilyhallock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ A FabABulous Life. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign