Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, July 03, 2017

July Goals


Looking back at my post on why it is important to set yourself goals to reach, I thought I would start sharing my goals that I occasionally set myself. I'm going to try (it may not last) to set myself goals each month to either improve on, not necessarily achieve, or hit the target, maybe even past it. I have set myself goals in the past but not the proper way. I would say to myself "I'm going to save money for this specific thing" and then I end up spending that money on something utterly irrelevant to what I intended on buying. So this is it. I'm going to motivate myself to achieve these positive things and hopefully get a good response from them.
Here's my July goals.

1. Finish my year abroad on a positive 
I leave Shanghai in the next week which means my year abroad would have officially ended, woah. That's gone fast hasn't it. I want to leave Shanghai knowing I've made the most out of the year with no regrets.

2. Create a healthier diet back home
When I get back home, this is when I will properly start implementing my Lactose Free diet, and mannnn it's going to be hard at first, but I'm avid I can do it! It's for my health so I kinda have to do it, but I know that my mind really wants to be positive about it all. Let's see what happens.

3. Stick to my blogging schedule 
My biggest worry when I'm back home that I will fade away from the blogging scene for a bit but I'm going to try and not let that happen. I'm sure the first few days I will be a little distant from it as I'll be very jet lag, catching up with friends and family, and just taking in the sense of being home again after a long time. I'm hopefully going to write some posts next month for the week I'm planning on taking a break in July so I'm still getting some content out there.

4. Quit my job on a high
Similar to the first goal, I will be quitting my job come the end of July. I've been a qualified lifeguard for 4 years now, working at a private pool for 3 and I think I'm ready to move on to a different job, which is more of my cup of tea. Don't get me wrong, I have loved working here; I've met so many nice people, made life-long friends, learnt so many new skills and experiences different atmospheres, but it's time for a change. Also, my lifeguard qualification runs out (you have to renew them every 2 years), so it's the ideal time to quit.

5. Keep to studying Chinese 
Knowing me, I will let the hype of summer distract me and forget about the degree I'm trying to get. I haven't been great at studying over summer because who really wants to be stuck inside revising when you could be outside enjoying the sunshine? Not me. However, I'm going into my fourth and final year and I've been told by many how hard it will be so I want to try and keep on top of things so I don't end up having a breakdown the first week I go back, which may happen anyway after finding out what the year entails.


6. Appreciate the English countryside
A little cheesy but I've been away from this beautiful setting for a year so I want to get out there and embrace it as much as possible before I'm back to city life in September. I will always be a country girl deep down, I don't want that to go away. I'm sure you understand what I mean if you also live in the countryside.

And there you have it, my first proper goals post and I've really enjoyed writing this post. After each month I'll reflect back to these posts and see how well I've done. Let's hope it's all positive results ey?
I've tried to minimise the list as much as possible as you don't want to overdo it for yourself do you? I'm positive about all of them apart from the fifth one (which may possibly be the most important one...oh well, we'll see).

What are your July goals? Share posts in the comments so I can have a read!

Are you following me on Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' Pinterest ?
Copyright @ A FabABulous Life. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign