Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, June 16, 2017

The Love of Travelling || Aspects of Travelling

About a month ago, I introduced a new series on my blog, my first series actually, which is all about travelling and different aspects of it. Because I have a huge passion to travelling, I was very eager to make a start on this series. It's been a long time coming, but the second post is here and it's all about...



WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT TRAVELLING?

Ever since I moved across the world to Taiwan in my Childhood, I have had a strong appreciation for the way different countries make a living. And I wanted to start seeing this happen in person. In Taiwan, we lived on a mountain which exposed me to nature, beautiful sceneries of the city and a different way of life compared to my one back in the UK. Obviously, I was very young at this point so I didn't really understand what travelling was, but as I started growing up and seeing videos/photographs and hearing other people talk about places they've been to, people they've met and experiences they've encountered, it's allowed me to really have a deep understanding to how travel can expand your personality. The things I love most about travelling is the personality that comes out in me, becomes exposed to scenes which you didn't think existed, just embraces the life these people are living, and be lucky enough to witness it all right in front of your eyes. I have always been an enthusiastic person but travelling makes me incredibly energetic and more passionate about exploring the world we live in. 

Charlotte - Tickets and Travels
"Travelling and exploring make me feel free like nothing else. There’s so much to be said for visiting somewhere completely new and immersing yourself in everything it has to offer; the new sights, smells, sounds and more often than not, food! One of the main things I love about travelling is how you look at your own home in a new light once you return and how it opens your mind to new ideas and ways of thinking. There’s no better way to learn about a different culture than to go and experience it for yourself. I love finding local gems and stunning views too, seeing them in a picture is never the same as standing right in front of them."
You can follow Charlotte on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter


Christopher - Travelingmitch
"What I love about travelling is actually quite simple - the unknown. Perhaps it's strange, but in many cases, some of my favourite parts of trips are actually while I'm in transit to a destination, and I spend time visualizing what it might be like, or what I might do there. I can vividly recall being on long train rides with the sun streaking through the windows and an unbreakable smile on my face simply because I don't know quite where I'm headed, but I know that it's where I need to be going. I love the idea that I'll be able to imbue a blank space on the map with meaning and understanding, as if I'm shedding off layers of ignorance. I can't recall ever getting somewhere and wishing I'd gone somewhere else, to be honest, as I see value in converting the unknown to the known, and developing empathy for a town, city, province, or nation that merely was an idea for me before I arrived."  
You can follow Christopher on
"What do I love about traveling? Here we go! So many awesome things come to mind! Meeting new people, exploring new places and new cultures, experiencing the world through other peoples eyes, exploring new and exciting places, partying, enjoying life instead of sitting in a 9 to 5 box all day, living life on my terms and values. Travel means everything to me, and I'm on a mission to inspire others to travel too! Travel really should be experienced by everyone - get our of your local town or city, explore the world and see what life really should be like - trust me, it really will change the way your view the world! Your reality will change!"
You can follow Dan on

Rose - Mrs A To B
""Travel - the only thing you can spend money on that will make you richer." This is one of my favourite quotes and it couldn't speak truer for my love of exploring the world. The entire process of travelling from planning and packing to independently navigating new continents and cultures enriches every aspect of who you are. You will experience things that are beyond your wildest dreams – hiking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, paragliding over Rio and eating a tarantula’s leg are just a very few of mine – and make memories and friends that last a lifetime. It is honestly the best investment you will ever make."
You can follow Rose on

"I love traveling for a number of reasons, but meeting locals is by far my favourite part of traveling. There's nothing like experiencing a new place and culture through a local's eyes - plus, you get the opportunity to better understand the intricacies and layers of a place. It's common for travelers to have preconceived ideas about a certain destination, but I often find that places surprise me (in a good way). This is why I encourage people to meet locals on the road - so they can shatter their misconceptions and really travel deeper."
You can follow Sally on

Sarah - Endless Distances 
"I love so many things about traveling that it is hard to pick one. Living as an expat, I often feel like my whole life is "travel." I get excited and feel like a tourist when I'm walking to work or taking the train or if I turn a corner and a housefront looks particularly "quaint" and British. So I love that slow aspect of travel when your whole life is infused by it. But I also love jetting off to foreign countries on shorter trips... the rush of streets I'm unfamiliar with and languages I'm trying to piece together, and of course food I've never tasted! But if I have to pick one thing between all those types of travel it's probably people. I'm very grateful for the people I've met from all over the world, that I never would have known but far traveling. I've crashed on couches in Norway, Girona, Cuenca, all across the UK, and in return offered my home to many others! It's so valuable to see others' perspectives and ways of life, to share views and traditions and stories. So, even as an introvert, I definitely have to say people are what I love most about traveling!"
You can follow Sarah on
Bloglovin | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter

Don't forget to get involved! If you have any post ideas you want us to include, please let me know :)

Want to have a read of the other posts in this series? Here's what we have for you so far...
What do YOU love about travelling?

 Are you following me on Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' Pinterest ?
Copyright @ A FabABulous Life. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign