Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Blueberry Muffins || Dairy Free Recipes


I'm introducing a new section into my blog - food, because who doesn't love food? And everything on here will be dairy free, due to my dietary requirements, so hopefully will be beneficial to some of you.

As soon as I returned to England in July I went out hunting for a dairy free recipe book, and my dad has just come back from work with one too so I now have two! I know everything is on the internet these days but I like having them all in a book, sectioned into categories, and also one of them was on offer so how could I not buy it?




I have already made a few meals from the recipe book but nothing sweet so far. My friend asked to come round and was in the mood to bake so we spent an afternoon this week baking blueberry muffins, something that we both thought of straight away.

Ingredients
So what ingredients do you need to make these dairy free muffins?
Plain flour - 450g
Caster sugar - 225g
A pinch of salt
Baking powder - 1tsp
Sunflower oil - 75g
Dairy free coconut milk yoghurt - 125g
3 medium eggs
Vanilla extract - 1tsp
Blueberries - 250g


Method

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. 

2. Add the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large mixing bowl and mix together. 

3. In a separate mixing bowl, break in the three eggs, milk, oil and vanilla extract and whisk together until smooth. 






4. Bring the two bowls together and combine all the ingredients. Mix together until smooth and then begin to fold in the blueberries, like shown below. 




5. Once created a smooth, thick mixture, scoop the contents into the muffin cases. There is no need to put a lot in each case, like we did, as they raise to a decent height. 

Because we filled each case to the top we only had enough mixture for ten cases but they came out massive, so play around with it as you please and make as many as you can, it should serve for 12 though.


6. Bake them for 18-22 minutes, although I kept them in for a total time of 30 minutes, checking them regularly,  to make them a little brown but still keeping them soft and tasty.

7. Place on a cooling rack for a few minutes afterwards. 


TUCK IN AND ENJOY! 


These smelt so good whilst in the oven so I'm sure you can imagine how amazing the kitchen smelt one they were out the oven and cooling down, spreading the smell all around the house. The taste was just as good as the smell; we did good!

What is your favourite thing to bake?

Are you following me on Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' Pinterest ?
Copyright @ A FabABulous Life. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign