Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 22, 2017

How to Stay Engaged with your Blog When you have Bloggers Block

Every blogger goes through those moments when they have lost all ideas of things to write about. So why not take a break from writing and focus on other aspects to your blog?




UPDATE YOUR BLOG
Are there a few weeks that need attending to or a your sidebar needs some adjustments? Make sure your blog is the best it can be by regularly going through it top to bottom and testing out all the links and correcting any minor error. Broken links tend to catch people out. I've only just discovered one which I have had alter through every single one of my posts. Yes, this can be time-consuming but after completing it, you get a feeling of satisfaction in your blog.

HAVE A CHANGE OF THEME
It can be common for bloggers to change the theme or layout of their blogs. Whether this is monthly, seasonly or annually; it's always good to have a fresh looking blog.

POLISH OFF OLD POSTS
Fix those silly spelling mistakes, update your pictures, amend links or add in links to related posts of yours. Update your old posts so you can re-promote and share them. Focus on the most popular posts first as they will take less time and put more time into your less popular ones.

KEEP YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATED
Check all your social media accounts and update them. Sometimes you will find yourself scheduling all your posts onto these platforms and having no time to interact with your followers. So take time to enjoy interacting with other bloggers through social media and discovering new blogs.

ENGAGE WITH YOUR FOLLOWERS
Take a moment away from your own blog and look through your favourite bloggers latest posts. Reading other posts is a great way to find ideas for future content. Why not leave a comment to let them know how helpful or well-written their post is. I personally think comments on my posts is he best supporting method because it shows you're putting in more effort and giving back feedback to another blogger.

DISCOVER NEW BLOGS
Have time-out to find new blogs. You were once a newbie and had that "scared" feeling for a while thinking your blog won't be successful. Support these new bloggers by sharing the love and interacting with them and their blogs.


How do you stay engaged with your blog during bloggers block?



Are you following me on Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' Pinterest ?

10 comments:

  1. I'm still pretty new to blogging so I am yet to experience a particularly bad writer's block as I have so many ideas that I want to do, but sometimes I look at the list of posts I want to write and none of them jump out at me, that's when I look up any quirky novelty holidays that are coming up and try to write posts about them.

    Not long ago it was Peanut Butter and Jelly Day so I tried a peanut butter and jam muffin recipe. I've also written posts about Organise Your Home Office Day and Eiffel Tower Day. Some novelty holidays are kind of silly, but some are really interesting! The daysoftheyear website is where I find most of them 😊

    http://www.thesmalladventurer.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually quite the opposite. When Is started out, I used my blog just to share my travel experiences and then realised there was so much more I could write about. Lately, I've had so many more ideas than I did about 6 months ago. It is hard to think of posts out of the ordinary but that shouldn't be a worry of ours as everyone's posts are different in some way and we all have different writing styles so it's nice to see various versions of the same sort of posts.

      Those posts sound so exciting. I've bookmarked your blog so I can keep up to date with your posts :)

      Abs x

      Delete
  2. I always look to social media when I get block! So I can get engaged with other people or get inspiration :) so I agree with pretty much all of your methods <3

    Thanks for sharing this!

    sophieannetaylor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love reading other people's posts. Pinterest is my other source of inspiration, can't get enough of it!

      Abs x

      Delete
  3. Great tips! I go through long stretches of time without blogging and need a little inspiration to stay in the game. Will def use these suggestions! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've haven't got to that stage of having a massive break yet but I'm slowly running out of ideas for the next month or so.

      Abs x

      Delete
  4. I'm still relearning blogging after I stopped for about 4-5 years. Now that I'm back, there are a lot of new things I need to catch up on and this post would really help especially in keeping my readers engaged. There are so many new blogs and so many interesting post to read that I'm excited to discover. Thank you for this post! This really helps.

    --Aria xx
    http://notesonthursdays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, blogging must've changed so much during that time. I am constantly discovering new or old blogs and I love it.

      Abs x

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the wonderful tips! As a new blogger, I've been feeling overwhelmed by just how much time and energy goes into blogging and it's good to have some ideas of things to do that aren't just generating new content. xoxo, Sarah
    lifestartzhere.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be quite time consuming, and I've recently started blogging 4 times a week instead of 3 which has definitely increased the pressure. I don't know why I do it to myself haha!

      Abs x

      Delete

Copyright @ A FabABulous Life. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign