TRAVEL BUCKET LIST 2017

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Ideally I would love to travel the world and visit every country but I should be a little more realistic. These are on my current travel bucket list. Some have been part of the list for a few years now and others are recent discoveries which I instantly fell in love with over photos, videos and others sharing their personal experiences. The amount of travel instagrammers and bloggers I follow allows me to find some obscure and hidden beauties, and discover countries which have been kept quiet about and are completely underrated.


WHAT COUNTRIES ARE ON MY CURRENT TRAVEL BUCKET LIST? 

SRI LANKA
Sri Lanka has been on my bucket list for a good year now and it will stick until I get there. This beautifully developed country is full of all kinds of life with outstanding scenery wherever you seem to go. You can go from taking boat rafts through the jungle rivers exploring the wilderness, to riding on one of the most scenic train routes venturing through the misty tea plantations. This country is full of beauty and picturesque views with plenty of adventures to embark on.

COSTA RICA
Considered to be the worlds happiest country (from 2016), Costa Rica is a volcano jam-packed country, sea turtle loving habitat, crystal clear waterfall home and where you can sleep in a converted Airplane (for real). I'm sold from just knowing it's the worlds happiest country. Life seems so peaceful and satisfying for those who live here.

NEW ZEALAND
Having been on my bucket list for a good few years now, just look at the photos above, do you understand why now? With those unspoilt landscapes of pure beauty, it would be ideal to take a road trip across the country, adding in countless outdoor adventures along the way and coming face-to-face with friendly Kiwis. New Zealand is the country where I would love to do a skydive, hopefully this will happen sometime in the next few years. 

ICELAND
Full with hundreds of natural wonders, thousands of horses galloping across the landscape (Iceland is known for its horses), a chance to dip in the stunning Blue Lagoon, the possibility of catching a view of the Northern Lights/Aurora Borealis, and hiking around the beautiful country itself; Iceland is jam-packed with activities to fulfil your days with. This country definitely sounds appealing to me. 

PERU
Peru has been very popular amongst hundreds of people from its natural beauty and cultural treasures. Visit this very cultural country by exploring its ancient ruins, indulging in their delicious cuisine and taking a hike to one of the wonders of the world, Macchu Picchu. Just by looking at these photos, it seems to be a quirky and colourful place, and full of llamas!!

NORWAY

With those eye-catching mountainous views surrounding you, Norway is undoubtedly going to impress you. With another chance to catch the Northern Lights from a high point, Norway offers everything from mountain hikes to city escapes. Oslo is known for its modern architecture, popular museums and a lively nightlife. You definitely seem to get the best of both worlds in Norway. 

MALDIVES
It's the definition of paradise. Need I say more?

AND there we have it, my travel bucket list of 2017. I really hope to get to most of these places within the next few years (possibly more). There are so many more countries on my bucket list but these are my top picks at the moment. The top 3 in particular will not change until I make it there. 

What countries are on your bucket list? Any of these?

 

 Are you following me on Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' Pinterest ?

*Most photos in this post have been taken and linked from Pinterest. I do not own these photos. 

22 comments

  1. Amazing bucket list locations! I have been to costa rica! LOVED it so much! Such a different atmosphere and culture. Right now the top locations I need to visit are Paris, the U.K. as a whole, and the bahamas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how much that's made me jealous reading that, hahaha! I'm so desperate to go, why are flights so expensive ugh!! Ooooh yes I love the idea of a city break in Paris, and the Bahamas sounds amazing too. I think the UK is so underrated as it has some beautiful spots. I'd love to do a few weeks of road tripping the whole country (or most of it at least).

      Abs x

      Delete
  2. You picked some beautiful places. I would be more than happy to visit just one of these countries. Some of the countries on my travel bucket list are Italy, England, France, Spain... xo

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too, the top 3 are my goals in the next few years.

      How about a Europe trip for you then?

      Abs x

      Delete
  3. All of these places are in my travel bucket list too! I especially want to visit Iceland and Norway just to see the Northern Lights and night sky over there. They always look so beautiful in pictures! Nice post, hun x Ain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see the Northern Lights and the night sky does look spectacular!

      Abs x

      Delete
  4. These pictures are dreamy!! I would love to go to Bali one day :)

    Caterina | www.caterinasosso.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are aren't they, Pinterest is the best! Bali is beautiful, I 100% recommend it :)

      Abs x

      Delete
  5. Loved this post and your blog is So pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All this places are there in all the travels bucket list, the pictures are amazing any one can fall in love with this places. I would like to go MALDIVES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would love to go to the Maldives one day!

      Abs x

      Delete
  7. Literally all of these are on my travel bucket list. Seriously, I can send you a picture lol. I'd have to add France, Scotland, and Russia to that list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I mean I understand why they would be! Oooh, I'd love to visit Russia actually, I keep going on and off of it but I think I would love to experience what the culture is like over there.

      Abs x

      Delete
  8. What a list! One place my husband and I have always dreamed of going is Iceland. Especially after the New York Times wrote an article about all of their swimming pools (or baths). One day we'll go .. one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iceland is a must for me. It looks so magical and picturesque, I'd be stupid not to go at some point... I hope you get there some day too!

      Abs x

      Delete
  9. Oh I have never been to any of these places. All of your travel bucket list places are awesome. I have them too in my bucket list. I like to see Peru because of the Macchu Pichu; I'd love to see Iceland because of its beautiful winter landscape; New Zealand because it is so beautiful, and it is the location shoot of the Lord of the Rings movies. Oh, and yes, Norway! I would love to see the Trolltunga, but I guess I don't have that much courage to hike there. I will only admire it from a distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with everything you've said, maybe not about the Lord of the Rings movies because I don't watch that haha. I would love to hike all around Norway, but stopping ever so often to admire the views would happen!

      Abs x

      Delete
  10. These would be great places to visit, I want to do Costa Rica and Iceland and Tanzania!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really researched into Tanzania, that will have to change!

      Abs x

      Delete
  11. I love this list, mine has Japan, Australia and Brazil very close to the top! I've been to Iceland and have written some posts about it (Northern Lights, blue lagoon, golden circle, snowmobiling etc) on my blog if you'd like some inspiration! I'm also going to Norway in December, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Japan so much, I wish I was there for longer! I'll definitely be bookmarking your blog now and having a read at all those posts, thanks! Oh wow, you're basically ticking off my bucket list haha, can't wait to read about your travels!

      Abs x

      Delete

RECENT COMMENTS

Latest Instagrams

© A FabABulous Life. Design by FCD.